Saturday, June 12, 2010

So One Day...

A couple of friends and I were just sitting there, and the idea struck me: what if we were to watch some really bad movies?  In fact what if we were to take it to the next level and watch several bad movies in one evening?  We could provide our own commentary on the films in an attempt to minimize the discomfort, which would be funny.  More importantly, we could share the suffering.

Misery loves company.  Particularly if it's the author of your favorite literary heroine.

And what if we made this film experience a contest?  Each of us could bring a shitty movie in hopes of wreaking emotional havoc upon the others - isn't that what friendship is all about?  Of course this means wading through a whole lotta awful to find something truly horrifying, but we think it's worth it for that moment in which one of your close friends asks for a blunt object to gouge out their eyes.  

Bad Movie Night (BMN) was born.  And through the years I have seen my share of films that make me want to hurt myself.  Occasionally I've experienced the glory that comes from winning said contest.  Overall it's been very fulfilling.

Until two days ago.  I sat down, to see what was on the telly, and a vision opened itself up to me, in the form of Blue Demon.  I began watching the movie, transfixed at just how bad it was, and no one to share it with.  Suddenly, I knew.  As surely as if baby Jesus himself had sat up in the manger and spit up all over my face.  Bad Movie Night was bigger than just me.  It was bigger than my friends.

BMN was big enough for the online-a-verse.

And thus it came to pass, that an Angel of the Lord, with a visage like that of Ed Wood, came unto me.  He proclaimed that I must go forth and write a compendium of reviews and personal attacks on all the trash Hollywood dished up (aside from Paris or Lindsay).

And so my friends, I present to you all the cinematic casualties I can muster.

1 comment:

  1. Peter!
    You are a literary genius! I love it. You should make this a book. Seriously. You have a skills. I just read all of your reviews and it makes me want to watch them now. You kept my focus in even with my childhood ADD counting against me; and I must contest that that is quite a skill. I evny your writing ability. I miss you, crazy little bitch!

    ReplyDelete